Yard Waste Composting
The Composting Site is located on SR 118, 1.7 miles from the intersection of SR 118 & SR 415.
The Dallas Area Municipal Authority’s Yard waste and compost site is opened for the season.
- DAMA hours: M-T-F 10am to 7pm | W-TH closed |Sat 10am to 3pm | Sun. 12pm-3pm.
- All locations are closed Memorial Day, 4th Of July, Labor Day and Thanksgiving
Thousands of cubic yards of leaf and yard waste from Dallas Twp., Dallas Boro, and Kingston Twp. has been processed annually into compost since the beginning of the composting program. In fact for the last few seasons the demand for compost has equaled or exceeded our supply! In addition to the compost delivered to the municipalities for distribution, thousands of DAMA customers have taken advantage of the program to pick up compost at DAMA’S composting site for use in their flowerbeds and gardens.
Materials such as leaves, grass clipping, tree trimmings and mountains of Christmas trees have been ground, windrowed, watered, and turned to produce a dark brown compost that has been made available free of charge for DAMA trash customers for use in their gardens and flowerbeds.
DAMA would like to thank all the residents of Dallas Twp., Dallas Boro, and Kingston Twp. for helping to make this program a success, and take a moment to say… KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Residents are reminded that all yard waste must be removed from bags and disposed of properly. We do not accept dirt, roots or any material with dirt or roots attached. We also do not accept painted wood or pressure treated wood.
NO COMMERCIAL HAULERS.
Dallas Township Drop-Off
The scheduled recycling hours for brush, leaves, and grass clippings for drop-off at the Dallas Township Public Works Department Building Composting Site located on S.R. 309 in Dallas Twp. are as follows:
Monday thru Friday – 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Saturday – closed
Sunday – closed
Kingston Township Drop-Off
The scheduled recycling hours for brush, leaves, and grass clippings for drop-off at the Kingston Township Public Works Department Building Composting Site located at 225 East Center Street, Shavertown are as follows:
Weekdays – 8:00 am to Sunset
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Compost Site Rules
1. Please stop at the SR118 Office and sign-in prior to dropping off material or loading your vehicle. This information is required to monitor and improve the program.
2. This is a residential compost program. NO COMMERCIAL HAULERS
3. Commercial landscapers and haulers should contact Earth Conservancy at 570-736-6609 for information on dropping off material at their compost operation.